Thursday, September 9, 2010

more about John Burningham...


So I went to look up more about John Burningham and found this bit about him on a pretty cool site which I hadn't really visited before. It is actually an archive of authors & illustrators wouldn't you know it. It's called the Wee Web and here's the link to it. Two interesting things I learned: 1) he worked as a puppet maker for a film company for a while (something I would love to do) 2) he actually designed the model of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!, 3) he is married to Helen Oxenbury who according to the write up is also a 'highly regarded artist'. 4) I unfortunately don't know her though so I will have to look her up now. Maybe that will be my next post. :)
ps: the above is the image from the Wee Web page about Burningham. Pretty intense looking dude hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment