Monday, April 19, 2010

A day at chapters































Twice a year or so I go and spend a good 3-4 hours in Chapters. Once there, coffee or tea in hand I divi up my time there into about 25% art magazine time (only 25% because I usually check those out other places) and 80% time children's book section. As a children's book writer and illustrator It's interesting for me to see what they have at Chapters because that's what's selling. Well, not everything they have there that's for sure, but you can tell what's really hot by how many copies of it they have on the shelves.
This time around I took some photos of some really cool and inovative things I found. ... a lot of these they actually didn't have a lot of copies of.. but some of them.
Anyways, here are some of my Chapters stock favs this time around. A lot of them I had already seen online but never actually checked them out. Among them a new book illustrated by one of my favorite illustrators of all time, Marc Boutavant.



No comments: