Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Two of my Influences Big Time/On the importance of Children's books





Here are two drawings I made when I was 5 years old. One is of Pippi Longstocking and her horse little Uncle, and one is of the Moomins and the little My one of my favorite Moomin characters up to this day. My mom has saved a lot of drawings I made when I was little and I am very grateful for this today seeing as these serve as an invaluable window into my childhood for me now.
Both of these books were a huge influence on me! I have often thought about where I get my particular 'set of morals' from and I have always come back to my favorite children's books that my Mom used to read to me. All the books that have stuck with me the most and that I still re-read to this day are books that have truly inspired me with their stories, underlying stories and beautiful illustrations. I think these books have played a huge part in essentially making the person that is me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment